Saturday, August 29, 2009

Your Nearness


I thought I would share with you one of LU's many poems. So much of her work is very personal to me or to her, so it is hard to choose some times. But I like this one and I hope you do as well.


Your nearness invades me
And I succumb to it
It seeps deep into me
And calms the depths within me
Your presence over powers me
I am no match for you
As you undo the harshness of the day
I have no choice but to obey
Your touch expertly defeats me
And I willingly surrender to it
It melts the resistance within
So I can see the beauty in the world again
You.....end the war inside me
Stop the static in my head
And take me to a tranquil place
Every time I feel your sweet embrace

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely poem. Thank you for sharing.

    I like Tiny too. That hairbrush looks so deadly in his hands.

    hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Hermoine. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. i am glad you like it.

    Yes, tiny is deadly....he has a new toy now...LOL!

    take care!
    LU

    ReplyDelete