Sunday, August 16, 2009

through the looking glass

Through the door I walk and stare
As I see myself standing there
Looking back from across the room
Behind my image shadows loom
For through the mirror it’s deepest night
But outside here the sun shines bright
Closer and close to the object I come
To see the twisted things my life’s become
They stare at me from beyond the reflection
And I feel and intense sting of affection
So I place my hands upon the glass
To see if I can cross the pass
To the place of night that is my day
So I can live with all my twisted ways
Try as I might I cannot descend
The glass is hard and will not bend
So here I sit and wonder why
We hide the things that get us by
The life we love is secret from all
For it’s dark and it’s dirty and holds us in thrall
And now I wonder as I sit and stare
What do I look like from over there
What do they see from beyond the pass
From the other side of the looking glass

2 comments: